Monday, July 8, 2013

Second Dutch Bucket system nearly complete.

I have been working at a fever pitch in order to get my next Dutch Bucket system up and running. I want to get the plants in the bucket by weekend. I have several clones and larger plants that need to be transplanted. I figure that the Dutch Bucket is the way to go. I currently have 12 buckets ready to go, with room for 8 more. All I have to do is add the drip lines and the pump and it will be good to go. Today July 10, 2013 I now have my second Dutch Bucket system up and running. I have made some minor modifications to improve the integrity of the system. I have three smaller holes in the plastic tote in order to minimize entry for mosquitoes. The power cord will soon have a large grommet in order to minimize that hole. Oh yes, one important note.  This tote is buried so the lid is just above ground level.  This provides two advantages.  During hot weather it helps keep the solution cool.   I have noticed with my DWC buckets that water temps in those black buckets does get quite warm, and  the plants will suffer.  Also by burying the tote I gain about a foot of vertical growing space.  I have started this system off with one cucumber, one ghost pepper, and one clone tomato. I now have 17 more buckets to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment