Saturday, July 6, 2013

Deep Water Culture is coming on strong.

I currently have 25 buckets in deep water culture. These are by far the best DWC tomatoes I have ever had. The top photo shows the row of buckets on my porch. All are 5-7' tall. The second photo shows a Big Beef which is absolutely loaded with tomatoes. One will soon be ripe. The third photo is suppose to be a Caspian Pink. I do have my doubts as this tomato definitely is not pink. The plant is nearly 8 feet tall and has 22 tomatoes set on and I soon will pick the second ripe one. The forth photo is a big boy that is about 7' tall. It has grown clear up under the roof on my porch and has no place to go. I may have to reposition this one. Since these plants are mature and healthy they keep me hopping. The demands of a DWC system with a mature tomato during hot sunny weather is unreal. You need to top of the nutrient solution on a daily basis. Not so with a Dutch Bucket system. That is the reason that I will shift to all Dutch Buckets for my bigger plants next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment