Sunday, September 11, 2011

Future plans


There is no doubt in my mind that I will do much less soil type gardening and much more hydroponics. The reasons are simple. No need to worry about nutrients, and water. It is easily monitored with hydroponics, and not so easy when it is in the soil. No need to worry about harmful pests, microbes, etc..

My systems are rapidly growing and I have no where to put the new plants. Check out my mister box. I now have cukes, peppers and more tomatoes that will soon need transplanting. My solution is to build a aeroponic rail system. I will provide a few links to a great DIY guys youtube, and also where you can buy a good system. Systems run from about $700-$1200. I think I can make one for about $300.

Super Cropper About $700.

Grow Maxx Grow Maxx 35 about $1200.

Both of these are super systems.

DIY Guy This guy built his own. It is a very nice system. I would guess it cost $500 plus. He has a lot of plumbing that I would not use with the system I plant to build.


building rails And here is how he actually built the rails. Also you can find links to his other projects here.

I will head to Home Depot and Lowes tomorrow and buy a couple of vinyl fence posts so I can start on my system.

By the way, I just got two heavy duty plastic boxes delivered to my door from Lowes for $$2.56 each plus a grand total of $7.00 for S&H. They did not have any in stock at my local Lowes so I ordered them from their web site. I think they made a mistake by listing them so cheap. I am very happy with them. Each are 17 gallons.

And here is one more photo of my cloner box that is loaded with plants that will soon need a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment