Monday, August 29, 2011

Expansion with aeroponics





This is my latest cloner box. Notice that I have plenty of misters in this box. This mist of nutrient rich water provides the ideal medium for rooting cuttings and also provide maximum growth for new plants. I have now been rooting tomato cuttings in as little as three days. I transplant my seedlings to a mister box in 2" netcups after the first week after sprouting. Large plants I move into a box with 3" net cups.

I have also noticed that misters in buckets do much better than deep water culture for tomatoes. I have converted most of my buckets to aeroponics now.

There are a few problems associated with the misters. They have tiny holes and they get stopped up frequently with almost anything. They are not hard to unplug, but it is messy and ot does take time. I am now building my bucket systems with 1/16" drilled holes in the pvc pipe in leau of the misters. It seems to work just as good and does not stop up so easily.

I will still use the misters in my cloning box and early plant growth boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment